Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sunbathing Carrion Crow

A couple of weeks ago, I surprised a male blackbird sunbathing. I thought it was dead, so contorted and stiff he looked, and stepped forward scaring it away. I missed a great photo opportunity as it was so close. Today I was luckier. On the way to work, I couldn't believe my eyes a Carrion Crow was sunbathing on the lawn, just a few meters away. I stopped, looking away and prepared the camera thinking it would flee, but it didn't. Only in the first two shots it is eyeing me, then it relaxed and carried on, sat, wings spread on the ground, head to the side, all feathers fluffed up, looking entranced as birds do when they sunbathe.




2 comments:

  1. Don't they look relaxed when they do that? It is lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing indeed to see them like this, I can never stop marvelling at this behaviour

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.